Our Mission Statement: To Maximize sales by creating an exceptional environment through CUSTOMER SERVICE and VISUAL PRESENTATION second to NO OTHER.
The Store Manager position is a vital role filled with challenge, enjoyment, originality and reward. It is your influence that will ensure that the store runs efficiently and effectively. We are constantly evolving to create a better experience for both our customers and our employees. We expect our managers to do the same and to do it with passion and pride.
- Be committed to uphold the company mission statement
- Lead by example
- Follow the company’s Customer Service initiative “S.T.A.R.S” with every customer
- Recruit, builds, train and develops a highly skilled and sales focused team. Retain great people
- Develop the Assistant Manager and/or MIT to take on the role of Store Manager
- Develop management team (including Visual Merchandiser) to take on roles of higher responsibility
- Address poor performance, initiate and administer corrective action when necessary. Ensure timely follow up
- Provide positive feedback and recognition to associates for a job well done
- Keep records of associate sales performance and follow up regularly
- Achieve all company benchmarks: Sales $, UPT, Average Sale, Fragrance %, Promo % (list updated regularly) Personal and Store
- Create effective schedules based on Sales performance and come in line with company wage cost standard/chart. Fax schedule in to DM every Friday
- Control Loss within the store and achieve company objective of Loss below 1% of total store sales
- Comply with all Boathouse Policies and Procedures
- Maintain open communication with the District Manager
- Pro-actively create strategic long term and short term action plans for the store to increase sales, customer service, visual presentation. Implement plans in a timely manner.
- Keep team and self focused on what is important and communicate clear objectives
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized store. This includes paperwork.
- Achieve a minimum of 80% on all Store Visit Reports
- Open and close the store
- Excel at and effectively train associates within each specialized role within the store (see all job descriptions)
- Come to work fully dressed in current season Boathouse attire from head to toe. Choose attire that will ensure that you stand out professionally as the Store Manager
- Keep all working relationships professional
* Additional Duties and Responsibilities may be added at Boathouse’s discretion
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven Sales results
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Visual merchandising experience
- Positive attitude, ambitious and self motivated
- Customer service background
- Grade 12 education
- Management experience preferred
- Internal Candidate - 1 year as an Assistant Manager, 6 months as an MIT
Scheduling and Availability:
- Open availability from 6am to 6am Sunday to Saturday
- Managers are required to be available during Boathouse Black Out periods which may include some or all Canadian Statutory holidays, Civic holidays, March Break.
- All team members are required to be available during Boathouse Black Out periods which may include some or all Canadian Statutory holidays, Civic holidays and March Break. Refer to your P&P manual
- Minimum 40-44 hours per week, 5 days per week (Accrual of lieu time is not allowed)
- One 2 day weekend off per month (Saturday/Sunday)
- Days off during the week are limited to Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- Managers must work a minimum of 2 nights per week which must include one Thursday or Friday night (or Saturday if your mall is open until 9)
- Typical work shift will be either 8:30-5 or 1:30-10 unless otherwise approved by your District Manager
- Call in to the District Manager to report any and all absences before the absence takes place
Reports to: District Manager
Partners With: Visual Trainer, Other Store Managers