Our Mission Statement: To Maximize sales by creating an exceptional environment through CUSTOMER SERVICE and VISUAL PRESENTATION second to NO OTHER.
We’ve put together this job description in hopes to outline your role a little more clearly. This is meant to be an guideline only. What does that mean? It means that your role could entail even more than what we have broken down here. Use it to get a feel for what will be expected of you. Knowing what to look forward to will help you do your job better and make it easy for you to have fun at work!
- Be committed to uphold the company mission statement
- Wear the Boathouse lanyard proudly on every shift
- Follow the company’s Customer Service initiative “S.T.A.R.S” with every customer
- Offer a minimum of 2 additional items to EVERY customer during each sale (1 apparel and 1 promo)
- Prioritize serving customers over completing tasks
- Know both Store and Personal daily and weekly sales goals, units per transaction, average sale, fragrance units and promo units as well as strive to attain and surpass these goals
- Regularly meet or exceed company UPT standard of 2.0
- Be a team player and support all other roles within the store
- Come to work fully dressed in current season Boathouse attire from head to toe.
- Keep the store maintained (neat, clean and organized) Cleaning washrooms may be required
- Adhere to all Visual standards
- Comply with all Boathouse Policies and Procedures
- Read the Retail 101 and the Visual Profile weekly
- Participate in all store contests
- Never leave the sales floor without informing your manager
- Work efficiently
- Recognize the the Cash wrap is for serving customers only and not for socializing, tasking or loitering
- Remain within your zoned area
- Foster a positive working environment by interacting respectfully with all team members
*Additional Duties and Responsibilities may be added at Boathouse’s discretion
- Passion for our product
- Proven ability to multi task and help multiple customers at one time
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ambitious and goal oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and the back room, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, climbing ladders
- Enjoy having fun at work
- Completion of Orientation Phase 1
Scheduling and Availability:
- We encourage our team members to pursue outside activities especially active ones that represent the lifestyles of the brands in which we carry. With this is mind, we also need to ensure that our sales floor is effectively covered at all times. Our stores require that all part time associates have a minimum availability of 3 days per week including a minimum of 2 days on the weekend. (A weekend is defined as Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Each available day must include a consecutive 5 hour window for us to schedule you within.
- All team members are required to be available during Boathouse Black Out periods which may include some or all Canadian Statutory holidays, Civic holidays and March Break. Refer to your P&P manual
- Sales Associates, upon approval from their manager, may only switch shifts with other sales associates.
Reports to: Store Manager