Our Mission Statement: To Maximize sales by creating an exceptional environment through CUSTOMER SERVICE and VISUAL PRESENTATION second to NO OTHER.
The Assistant Manager position is a vital role filled with challenge, enjoyment, originality and reward. You are on your way to an exciting career. You will strive to attain all personal and store goals with the support of your manager. You will be involved in key decision making, hiring, leading and motivating of staff. A key component of this role is communication. You will partner with all levels of associates in order to reach company goals and build trust amongst your team.
- Be committed to uphold the company mission statement
- Supports and assists the Store Manager in all aspects of their role
- Act as the Store Manager in the Store Manager’s absence
- Lead by example
- Follow the company’s Customer Service initiative “S.T.A.R.S” with every customer
- Help recruit, builds, train and develops a highly skilled and sales focused team. Retain great people
- Partake in developing the sales team to take on roles of higher responsibility
- Address poor performance and recommend corrective action to the manager when necessary.
- Provide positive feedback and recognition to associates for a job well done
- Keep records of associate sales performance and follow up regularly
- Achieve all company benchmarks: Sales $, UPT, Average Sale, Fragrance %, Promo % (list updated regularly) Personal and Store
- Assist in creating effective schedules based on Sales performance and come in line with company wage cost standard/chart.
- Control Loss within the store and achieve company objective of Loss below 1% of total store sales
- Comply with all Boathouse Policies and Procedures
- Maintain open communication with the Store Manager
- Identify and create long term and short term solutions for the store to increase sales, customer service, visual presentation. Implement plans in a timely manner.
- Keep team and self focused on what is important and communicate clear objectives
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized store. This includes paperwork.
- Achieve a minimum of 80% on all Store Visit Reports
- Excel at all specialized roles within the store (see all job descriptions)
- Come to work fully dressed in current season Boathouse attire from head to toe. Choose attire that will ensure that you stand out professionally as the Assistant Store Manager
- Keep all working relationships professional
* Additional Duties and Responsibilities may be added at Boathouse’s discretion
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven Sales results
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Visual merchandising experience
- Positive attitude, ambitious and self motivated
- Customer service background
- Grade 12 education
- Management experience preferred
- Internal candidate - 3 months as a Key Holder
- Completion of Orientation Phases 1,2 & 3
Scheduling and Availability:
- Open availability from 6am to 6am Sunday to Saturday
- All team members are required to be available during Boathouse Black Out periods which may include some or all Canadian Statutory holidays, Civic holidays and March Break. Refer to your P&P manual
- Minimum 40-44 hours per week, 5 days per week
- The occasional overnight shift is required
- One 2 day weekend off per month (Saturday/Sunday)
- Assistant’s will work a minimum of 2 nights per week which must include one Thursday or Friday night (or Saturday if your mall is open until 9)
Reports to: Store Manager